Are you feeling stuck on your fashion brand? Wondering what to do to bring the best results that you always want to?
Today, I’m gonna show you how to plan your next quarter to grow your fashion business and bring you profits and I also have a free marketing planner that you can download.
Most people don’t do the planning and think it’s a waste of time. But the reality is 90% of your success depends on the 10% time you take to plan. SO I highly recommend making planning a priority in your business. and yes it doesn’t take a lot of time.
Just spend 30 minutes to an hour and you are good to go.
Before we get into this. I want you to find a place where your mind can focus 100%. this is so important when planning.
If you feel like you are not in a happy mood then maybe you should postpone this planning session another time.
Yes, we plan quarterly and do not plan yearly because things keep changing all the time and it’s not really practical to plan the whole year and stick to it.
Before we get into the actual process, check out this free training that helps you generate consistent revenue in your fashion brand.
Here’s the video walkthrough of the entire process:
If you prefer reading and doing the work, skip the video and go ahead with the reading.
Fashion Business Marketing step 1:
Download and print your Fashion business marketing planner on A4 sheets so you have enough space to write.
make sure to use a pencil to fill the planner. sometimes we need to change so a pencil would be great to erase and make any changes.
Step 2 is the Quarterly map.
This is where you plan your quarter in a high-level view.
In these green boxes, I want you to write your annual goals. think of what makes your year successful.
To me, my year goals are creating my signature course which is Fashion Empire Accelerator. This course will be a little expensive but if you have a fashion store and struggling to get people to come to you and making sales, By the end of this course you will be getting customers every single day. This is my goal.
My second goal is to build an engaging community of fashion business owners for them to share their knowledge and learn the business skills together.
These goals are different from each other. To you it might be, launching 2 collections or making 100k in revenue. Whatever it is just write it down.
If you are not sure about your goal, I break it down step by step here.
Fashion Business Marketing Step 2 is Monthly Planning
Think about how you can get closer to your goals.
Brainstorm all the projects that you can do to accomplish your goals.
Recently I worked with a designer who is struggling to get people to her store. She set her goal to 100k for annual and we broke down her goals like
- picking a product to focus on selling for the quarter
- Reaching influencers and collaborating
- launching her product
if you want to know how we did, I recently wrote a tutorial on this here.
Anyways. to me, I broke my goals like
I want to launch my course on June
- My course has 8 modules and it takes around one week for each module. which is like 2 solid months if I worked fast… but I don’t know. kids get sick or anything might happen in between.
- So in April and may, I will be creating the course and simultaneously beta testing with 2 groups of my clients online and offline.
For community goal, I will be doing free training in June and then I create free tutorials every week on the blog and send weekly emails to stay connected with my people, and then I will be posting every day on the Facebook group.
The next step is to break that projects and note down the tasks. it doesn’t have to be perfect, just brain-dump everything.
Step 3 is the Monthly Marketing stack
Apart from your big projects, You need to do marketing every single month.
This is the lifeblood of your business.
When it comes to marketing, most people do one or two things but you need to stack these 4 things in your marketing.
How are you going to attract new people to your brand?
To me, it’s Pinterest and then putting up blog posts each week so people can find them on google or Pinterest.
Once you attract people to your brand and to your email list,
What do you do to engage and connect more with them?
May be engaging on your Facebook group daily or sending weekly emails.
What are you promoting that month?
to me, I’m not trying to sell anything but all I do is ask interested people to join the waitlist for my course so they can get exclusive bonuses or discounts.
Finally, advocate, these are the people who already purchased something from you in the past.
What are you doing to connect with them?
Maybe a discount code or just a thank you email to make their day.
Now take few minutes to map out your marketing stack for each month.
Fashion Business Marketing Step 4 is your Current Schedule
This is so important and this is how you know exactly if your goals are a reality.
I want you to take a moment and fill up your current schedule.
Find where your time is going.
- To me, I woke up at 5.30 and freshen up,
- From 6 to 9 it’s my sacred work time. This is when I have 100% of my brain space without any kids disturbing me. My kids wake up around 8 and then my husband takes care of them until 9.
- I do most of my important things at this time block.
- from 9 to 1 it’s like prepping and having breakfast, giving kids a bath and preparing lunch, and feeding the kids. this was the most roller coaster ride in my day. My brain was totally occupied and I was super busy at this time with the household and caring for the boys.
- I cannot think of any work at this time.
- from 1 to 2 it’s our lunchtime.
- From 2 to 3.30 one of my kids take a nap and the other kid plays with toys. this is where I can put 60% of my brain. I do the second important works at this block.
- And from 3.30 till 10 I will be with the kids and all the home stuff.
- From 10 to 11 if my kids sleep, I get to work another hour here.
- ultimately I get 4.30 hours a day. This helps me to see the reality like whether I’m putting too much on my plate or maybe I should slow down or I need to hire some virtual assistant to add extra time. or ask my mom to look at my kids once a week or things like that.
Take some time to jot your current schedule and put any notes here.
Fashion Business Marketing Step 5 is the priority scale
Now comes the fun part, the priority scale.
This is where you decide what to get done first and what can be ignored. This process helps you to do more things strategically rather than putting everything inside your basket.
- So Anything up here is the most urgent thing.
- Anything to the right is the most important thing.
- So you can see, the first block is urgent but not important
- then, urgent and very important.
- then not urgent or important.
- then important but not so urgent.
so first priority goes here, second here, third here, and here maybe I don’t do things from here.
So how do we fill these?
The first thing I want you to do is to allocate the time blocks here.
so the first priority to me is my morning work block time from 6 to 9. this is where I can put 100% of my brain and I will be super creative.
- I like to put any project-based tasks here at this time that needs to get done no matter what.
- this is where I schedule my course creation project.
Then the second priority is my noon work time. This is when I was a little tired but this is where I don’t get distracted by kids. I can put in my total effort.
- I usually have 60% of my brain space here. I like to schedule My marketing Stack here. like creating blog posts and emails and everything mentioned in the marketing stack above.
Then the third block is where I can put at least 30% of my brain while watching kids playing.
- This is the time, I respond to emails, comments, engage in the group, and all the little things that I can do with my phone.
And the last block, Anything that ends up here, I just ignore or do it if I have any time left.
Now take some time to map out your priorities and identify your work-blocks.
Step 6 is the Monthly calendar
This is where we map out our tasks, so we know exactly what to do each day to achieve that big annual and quarterly goals.
- First put any important and non-negotiable dates here like occasions, events, and life stuff, birthdays, or anything that you know ahead of time
- like first of every month, I block for planning for the month and the last of every month, I block for Organizing (my desktop or work-space or drive, etc)
- then I mark any birthdays or trips
- Now pull the tasks that we did in the quarterly map and fill the calendar
- Color code with markers if you want to.
So you will be filling these months. If you feel overwhelmed, just start by filling in one month.
Step 7 Reflections
Moving on to the next sheet which is reflections. You will fill this sheet at the end of each month.
The first thing is you write the goals for the month to keep them in front of your mind.
Then you write little wins for that month. These can be very small or huge or anything in between.
Then you note what went great this month? Maybe your new work schedule helped you be more productive or anything like that.
What didn’t work this month?
- look at your red dots in this month. To me, I tried waking up an hour earlier and that affected me a lot on that day and lost my productivity.
- Did you try posting on Instagram and you didn’t got any engagement? put them here. These are not to do again lists.
Now the reflections. Based on all these, what are you carrying next month and things like that?
Step 8 is weekly spreads
This is where you plan every single element that’s happening in your business.
The first is admin, this is where you put what tasks do you do each day.
I have given Blog and email blocks already which are super important to create at least once a week. and then you have space to write platforms that you are active on. to me it’s a Facebook group and added work block 2, you can add anything of your choice.
Go ahead and fill this for the next week or for the next month if you can.
Step 9 is Day planner
This is where you prioritize and plan your day in detail.
First, note down all the tasks you need to do for that day.
Put them on a priority scale and find out the urgent tasks and do them first thing in the morning.
and you got a work log to note hours that you worked that day, so you can measure how many hours you work for a week.
Then you got a little section for the notes. this is where I like to put any important notes for the next day.
and that’s it…
The real magic happens when you take action. so print this out and fill it out.
If you do this, I’m sure your business will be way better than the last month.
so please take action.
Here are the action steps:
- Download the planner and fill it out
- Join Free Fashion Marketing Bootcamp Training
- Leave your biggest takeaway below! and tell us what are you currently working on in your fashion brand?