Today, I’m gonna show you how to plan your next quarter to grow your fashion business and bring you profits and I also have a free marketing planner that you can download.
Most people don’t do the planning and think it’s a waste of time. But the reality is 90% of your success depends on the 10% time you take to plan. SO i highly recommend to make the planning a priority in your business. and yes it doesn’t take a lot of time.
Just spend 30 minutes to an hour and you are good to go.
Before we get into this. I want you to find a place where your mind can focus 100%. this is so important when planning.
If you feel like you are not in a happy mood then may be you should postpone this planning session another time.
Yes we plan quarterly and do not plan yearly because things keep changing all the time and its not really practical to plan the whole year and stick to it.
So step 1: Download and print your Fashion business marketing planner
on A4 sheets so you have enough space to write.
make sure to use pencil to fill the planner. sometimes we need to change so pencil would be great to erase and make any changes.
Enter Your Details Below to Receive The Planner
Please check on one of the options below that best describes you
I want to start a fashion business I already have a fashion business FREE: Fashion Empire Planner Download The Planner
You have successfully joined our subscriber list.
Step 2 is quarterly map.
This is where you plan your quarter in high level view.
In these green boxes, i want you to write your annual goals. think of what makes your year successful.
To me, my year goals are creating my signature course which is fashion empire bootcamp. This course will be a little expensive but if you have a fashion store and struggling to get people to come to you and making sales, By the end of this course you will be getting customers every single day. This is my goal.
my second goal is to build an engaging community of fashion business owners for them to share their knowledge and learn the business skills together. By the way if you haven’t joined our group yet, come join us. i’l drop a link below.
These goals are different from each other. To you it might be, launching 2 collections or making 100k in revenue. Whatever it is just write it down.
Step 2 is Monthly Planning
Think about how you can get closer to your goals.
Brainstorm all the projects that you can do to accomplish your goals.
Recently i worked with a designer who is struggling to get any people to her store. She set her goal to 100k for annual.
and we broke down her goals like
- picking a product to focus on selling for the quarter
- Reaching influencers and collaborating
- launching her product
if you want to know how we did, i recently wrote a tutorial on this here.
Anyways. to me, I broke my goals like
I want to launch my course on June
- My course have 8 modules and it takes around one week for each module. which is like 2 solid months if i worked fast… but i don’t know. kids get sick or anything might happen in between.
- So in April and may i will be creating the course and simultaneously beta testing with 2 groups of my clients online and offline.
For community goal, i will be doing a free training on June and then I create free tutorial every week on blog and send weekly emails to stay connected with my people and then i will be posting everyday on Facebook group.
Next step is to break that projects and note down the tasks. it doesn’t have to be perfect, just brain-dump everything.
Step 3 is Monthly Marketing stack
Apart from your big projects, You need to do marketing every single month.
This is the life blood of your business.
When it comes to marketing, most people do one or two things but you need to stack these 4 things in your marketing.
How are you going to attract new people to your brand?
To me it’s Pinterest and then i will be putting up blog posts each week so people can find them on google or Pinterest.
Once you attracted people to your brand and to your email list,
What do you do to engage and connect more with them?
To me, I show up and put tips and content on Facebook group and then i send weekly emails with marketing tips for their fashion business.
What are you promoting that month?
to me, i’m not trying to sell anything but all i do is ask interested people to join wait list for my course so they can get exclusive bonuses or discounts.
Finally advocate, these are the people who already purchased something from you in the past.
What are you doing to connect with them?
I invite those people to beta testing my course for a really low price and then i wanted to send them monthly emails with some deep level marketing insights that they can implement right away. I haven’t done this yet but would love to implement as soon as i can.
Now take few minutes to map out your marketing stack for each month.
Step 4 is your Current Schedule
This is so important and this is how you know exactly if your goals are a reality.
I want you to take a moment and fill up your current schedule.
Find where your time is going.
- To me, I woke up at 5.30 and freshen up,
- From 6 to 9 it’s my sacred work time. This is when i have 100% of my brain space without any kids disturbing. My kids wake up around 8 and then my husband takes care of them until 9.
- I do most of my important things at this time block.
- from 9 to 1 it’s like prepping and having breakfast, giving kids bath and preparing lunch and feeding the kids. this was the most roller coaster ride in my day. My brain was totally occupied and I was super busy at this time with household and caring the boys.
- I cannot think of any work at this time.
- from 1 to 2 it’s our lunch time.
- From 2 to 3.30 one of my kids take a nap and other kid plays with toys. this is where i can put 60% of my brain. I do the second important works at this block.
- And from 3.30 till 10 i will be with kids and all home stuff.
- From 10 to 11 if my kids sleep, i get to work another hour here.
- ultimately i get 4.30 hours a day. This helps me to see the reality like whether im putting too much in my plate or may be i should slow down or i need to hire some virtual assistant to add extra time. or ask my mom to look my kids once a week or things like that.
Take some time to jot your current schedule and put any notes here.
Step 5 is priority scale
Now comes the fun part, priority scale.
This is where you decide what to get done first and what can be ignored. This process helps you to do more things strategically rather than putting everything inside your basket.
- So Anything up here is the most urgent things.
- Anything to the right is the most important things.
- So you can see, first block is urgent but not important
- then urgent and very important.
- then not urgent or important.
- then important but not so urgent.
so first priority goes here, second here, third here and here may be i don’t do tings from here.
So how do we fill these?
First thing i want you to do is allocate the time blocks here.
so the first priority to me is my morning work block time from 6 to 9. this is where i can put 100% of my brain and i will be super creative.
- I like to put any project based tasks here at this time that needs to get done no matter what.
- this is where i schedule my course creation project.
Then the second priority, is my noon work time. This is when i was little tired but this is where i don’t get distractd with kids. I can put my total efforts.
- I usually have 60% of my brain space here. I like to schedule My marketing Stack here. like creating blog posts and emails and everything mentioned in the marketing stack above.
Then the third block, this is where i can put atleast 30% of my brain while watching kids playing.
- This is the time, I respond to emails, comments, engage in the group and all the little things that i can do with phone.
And the last block, Anything that ends up here, I just ignore or do it if i have any time left.
Now take some time to map out your priorities and identify your work-blocks.
Step 6 is Monthly calendar
This is where we map out our tasks, so we know exactly what to do each day to achieve that big annual and quarterly goals.
- First put any important and non negotiable dates here like occasions, events and life stuff, birthdays or anything that you know ahead of time
- like first of every month, I block for planning for the month and the last of every month, I block for Organizing (my desktop or work-space or drive etc)
- then I mark any birthdays, or trips
- Now pull the tasks that we did in quarterly map and fill the calendar
- Color code with markers if you want to..
So you will be filling these months.If you feel overwhelmed, just start by filling one month.
Step 7 Reflections
Moving on to the next sheet which is reflections. You will fill this sheet at the end of each month.
First thing is you write the goals for the month to keep it in front of your mind.
Then you write little wins for that month. These can be very small or huge or anything in between.
Then you note what went great this month? may be your new work schedule helped you be more productive or anything like that.
What didn’t worked this month?
- look at your red dots in this month. to me i tried waking up an hour earlier and that affected a lot in that day and lost my productivity.
- Did you tried posting on Instagram and you didn’t got any engagement? put them here. These are not to do again lists.
Now the reflections. Based on all these, what are you carrying next month and things like that.
Step 8 is weekly spreads
This is where you plan every single element that’s happening in your business.
first is admin, this is where you put what tasks do you do each day.
I have given Blog and email blocks already which are super important to create at least once a week. and then you have space to write platforms that you are active on. to me it’s Facebook group and added work block 2, you can add anything of your choice.
Go ahead and fill this for the next week or for the next month if you can.
Step 9 is Day planner
This is where you prioritize and plan your day in detail.
First note down all the tasks you need to do for that day.
Put them on a priority scale and find out the urgent tasks and do them first thing in the morning.
and you got work log to note hours that you worked that day, so you can measure how many hours you work for a week.
Then you got little section for the notes. this is where I like to put any important notes for the next day.
and that’s it…
The real magic happens when you take action. so print this out and fill it out.
If you do this, i’m sure your business will be way more better that the last month.
so please take action.
Here’s the action steps:
- Download the planner and fill it out
- Join me inside our facebook group
- Join the waitlist if you are interested in my course.